Data Quality at Your Fingertips
The more than 2000 automated checks and countless manual checks that make up the DUNSRight™ Process are our way of ensuring data quality. We strengthen the data quality by taking a critical approach to the data we collect. Data must always be correct, complete, up-to-date, and globally consistent.
We use five quality routines to collect and improve our information. The data collection process is set out in the figure below:
- D&B's global presence allows it to collect information on businesses worldwide. Data is gathered in a consistent manner, regardless of the country in question.
- The collected data is checked against our database using our patented Matching system, which ensures that the correct data is applied to the correct company. This lets us offer an even more complete picture of the specific company.
- We assign a D-U-N-S® Number to every business in our database. This code follows the company from cradle to grave and is never reused.
- We link companies according to corporate family relationships so that our customers gain a full overview of the potential and risk involved in doing business with a group or corporation.
- We enrich the company data with Risk Indicators, which are calculated using statistical analyses of the company's history. Risk Indicators provide an indication of the likelihood of the business continuing to perform in the same way.
- This process results in high-quality data, which is communicated using D&B's various products and services.